coming soon to a random spot near you. #wavegoodhiRead More
1. hearing blue is a tiny experimental project using the QR code. I printed a bunch of cards (shown below) to leave in random places. If people are curious when they find it, they scan the QR code and it takes them to the mobile friendly site I created.
2. What is a QR code? It is a type of matrix bar code that all smart mobile devices can scan. After the quick scan, your phone will be directed to do whatever the QR code was set to do, such as go to a URL.
3. If you are interested in receiving little cards to put in random places, fill out the form. I’ll send you some for free. If you are interested in collaborating a little story to add to the site, please also contact me.
1. Title of project: “big love”
2. Details: a letter in super cute tiny envelopes / 1″ x 1.5″ / the letters are written in tiny letters / Letter One released in December 2010.
3. More info: Big Love can be subtitled “letters from you to me”. This project involves letters in 1″x1.5″ envelopes that I think you’ll enjoy. Read about your experience and adventures while taking a long walk on a trail. The trail makes you forget where you are… oh, and you’ll occasionally wake up someplace new, too.
4. Letter Two will be released in January 2011. This is an ongoing project of letters until I get tired of making them. I plan to have at least 3 letters to share.
“I don’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen because cooking takes too long and I can eat up everything quickly… but I like to make salads because of all the colors.”
5. Here is a snippet from Letter One: “you wake up peacefully and realize you don’t know who you are or where you are. you are in a forest of some sort and it is very pretty and lush. as you sit up, you notice you have a friend who is asleep in your arms. it’s a tiny gray elephant, about the size of your two hands put together. you hold the elephant and look at it. he or she begins to wake up and blinks a few times and then yawns. it is so cute! you decide at that moment you’re going to love it forever. it’s possible you already decided that, but you don’t remember anything so you will have to make decisions all over again.”
6. Big Love (letter one) is currently only available by postal mail. Draw a picture of an elephant and send it to me with your letter requesting Big Love (letter one). You can find my address on the contact page.
7. Thank you dystatic for the envelopes!Read More
1. Title of publication: “insomnia and the oneirophiliac.”
2. Details: a zine / 1/4 size / b&w copies / 20 pages / released in December 2010.
3. The publication is currently only available for anatomic air press friends. How do I become a friend? Easy… all you have to do is be interested.
4. The zine is a recorded handwritten dialogue by two people: me (sinoun) and a friend who shall remain anonymous (T). I love to sleep and dream. T doesn’t like to sleep because of her dreams. We talk about zombies, hallucinations, multiple personality disorder, and more.
5. The conversation took place in 2006 or 2007. I’m just now printing it and sharing it to the public for the very first time.Read More
1. Title of publication: “free”
2. Details: This is a collaborative publication or comic book. Images by celso, words by sinoun. Handmade and assembled by our pretty hands. 5″ x 5″, black and white, 56 pages, released in 2007.
3. More info: Celso and I have never met or even heard each other’s voice. This whole collaboration was possible through e-mail and postal mail. When I initiated the collaboration in late 2006, celso didn’t hesitate. I presented an idea that Celso took and made an awesome story with his unique images. I then took his images and interpreted the story with my own words and writing… and then came “free”… a collaboration we are so damn excited to share to the world!
4. First printing is only limited to 200 copies (each of us made 100 copies). Each issue comes with a sticker of the cover.
5. Additional printing TBA. I’m sort of on a hiatus of distributing this comic book because it is very time consuming to make. It will be back one day. I promise…
6. …and hopefully another issue will be released as well.
To see reviews of the book, scroll down to the comments…Read More
1. Title of publication: “the art of smelling and feeling paper”
2. Details: a handmade zine about what the title suggests, 1/4 size, black and white, 16 pages, released in october 2007
3. More info: this handmade publication is about my weird obsession of smelling and feeling paper. I even include samples of paper for you to smell and feel for yourself. I debuted the release of this project at the San Francisco Zine Fest on October 2007. I thought people were going to think I was weird, but people loved it so much that I sold more copies than I brought with me. It felt good.
4. The publication is currently no longer for sale (because it takes me forever just to make one copy)… but if you see me in person and ask for a copy, I just might give you one.Read More
1. Title of publication: “small tasks of labor suit her slendor bones”
2. Details: a series of handmade publications of super short stories, each volume is a different anthology/theme, 1/16 size (2×3 inches), full color, 36 pages
3. The first volume is subtitled: the anthology of human disappearance and was released in 2005.
4. The second volume is subtitled: the anthology of smelling things and was released in 2007.
5. The publications are currently no longer for sale… but if you see me in person and ask for a copy, I just might give you one.Read More
1. Title of publication: “smelling trees.”
2. Details: a series of short stories / 1/2 size / b&w newsletter / 32 pages / released in 2003
3. The publication is no longer for sale… but if you see me in person and ask for a copy, I just might give you one.
4. Please see “comments” for reviews from critics.
5. Um… and a disclaimer: a new issue is way long overdue… I got a little distracted with life and the other projects i keep coming up with… but smelling trees is not dead and I will start working on another issue soon. If you happen to have your hands on a copy, please excuse the lazy grammar check in this issue. There will be a lot of editing with the new edition in the future.
6. Stores that sell (or used to sell) this publication:
Highland Hermit Zine Distro (Scotland)
Hen House Distro (USA)
One Room Schoolhouse (USA)
Marching Stars Distro (UK)
Wasabi Distro (Japan)